RenderMan has been Pixar’s core rendering technology for over 25 years, and has been developed to meet the ever-increasing challenges of 3D animation and visual effects. Today, RenderMan has been completely modernized, with a state-of-the-art ray tracing architecture that’s setting new standards for speed and memory efficiency. RenderMan is capable of delivering the highest quality global illumination and physically based visual effects, while also offering multiple types of light transport for unparalleled creative flexibility and artistic control.
For artists, RenderMan is easier to use than ever with single pass workflows and interactive shading and lighting.
RenderMan can be used out-of-box with Autodesk Maya and The Foundry’s Katana, and is also available as a stand alone renderer.
At the Movies
Since the beginning of computer graphics in films, RenderMan has been there … rendering VFX for such classics as The Abyss, Terminator II, Jurassic Park, Toy Story, & many other films.
Pixar’s RenderMan has been used in almost every Visual Effects Academy Award Winner and Nominee over the past 15 years. In fact, the developers of RenderMan have received a few awards over the years.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a multi-computer lifetime license, for home/personal use
- You get free lifetime upgrades
- No free tech support
- Can be installed or re-installed whenever you want
- May not be resold
- No refunds and exchanges; if you are having trouble activating or registering, please ask for help
- Developed by Pixar
- Version is v19
- Download size is large
- Supports Windows 7 and 8 (64-bit only), Mac OS X 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9 (64-bit only), and Linux (64-bit only)
- VirusTotal scan results: 0/57